Welcome to Naisa!
Looking to call us? 031 207 1116
NAISA is a formal alliance of associations that represent independent schools in South Africa. NAISA members are national associations of independent schools. A national association is an association which has member schools in more than one province.
The alliance serves the interests of independent schools and facilitates communications with the Department of Education and other bodies on matters of common interest and concern.
The NAISA committee is comprised of mandated representatives of its member associations.
The Alliance is based on the principles of inclusivity and consensus, while at the same time respecting the individual identity of each association and allowing for disassociation. In view of the rapidly changing nature of the independent school sector, the Constitution also allows for flexibility in membership and procedures and enables the full diversity of the sector to be reflected.
Who Are We?
The National Alliance of Independent Schools Associations is an umbrella body which represents the interests of associations of independent schools in South Africa.
The key objects of the Alliance are to :
- consider and develop joint positions on national issues of concern to its Members and the Independent Schools sector generally, throughout South Africa;
- represent the collective interests of its Members throughout South Africa;
- advocate, liaise, consult and/or negotiate on issues of concern and/or interest to its Members with the national and provincial education authorities and other relevant statutory bodies, institutions of higher education and relevant stakeholders in pre-primary, primary, secondary and/or pre-tertiary education;
- promote the independent Schooling sector generally throughout South Africa;
- contribute as far as may be practicable, to the provision of quality education for all in South Africa.
NAISA is recognised as a primary stakeholder representing the independent school sector in South Africa. It is officially represented on the following bodies:
- The HEDCOM sub-committee for independent schools established by the Department of Basic Education
- ETDP SETA
NAISA also has a memorandum of understanding with UMALUSI, the council for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Independent Schools.
INTERESTED IN JOINING NAISA?
Associations of registered independent schools may apply to join NAISA provided they have schools in more than one province in South Africa.
Enquiries may be directed to the Secretary General, Mr Ebrahim Ansur – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provincial Joint Liaison Committees
The NAISA representatives for the Joint Liaison Committees are listed below. Should you wish to contact your provincial representatives please email email@example.com
Gauteng: Kgethi Dlamini
Limpopo: Fred Hoffman
Mpumalanga: Jacques Jacobs
Kwa Zulu Natal: David Wilkinson
Eastern Cape: Ebrahim Ansur
Western Cape: Evona Rebelo
Free State: Jon Brayshaw
North West: Hendrik Malan